Linda Terry has been a Broker/Auctioneer with Tranzon Fox, an affiliate of the national Tranzon, LLC franchise, since 1998, a partner since 2005, and a managing partner since 2022.
Linda focuses on selling a wide variety of property using the benefit of open competition to obtain the highest possible prices for sellers, using live and worldwide online bidding. From well-worn estate homes to hotels, to farms and high end resort property, Linda gives individualized attention to each seller, helping them through the auction process from start to finish.
Full time in the auction business since 1987, Linda is a member of the elite group of certified and accredited real estate auctioneers. Her sales place her in the top 1% of REALTORS® in the area, and she is a member of the Honor Society, and a designated “Distinguished Achiever” for over 10 consecutive years.
Linda adds to agent earnings by encouraging them to participate by bringing buyers and sellers to auctions. Community service work includes SPCA, Habitat for Humanity, HOME, American Battlefield Trust, and benefit auctions for many churches, schools and other non-profits. Recognitions include one of the “INC 500” fastest growing companies in the nation and the “Rising 25” fastest growing firms in the Richmond Metro area. In 2013, Linda was inducted into the Omega Tao Rho Fraternity, an elite group of real estate specialists devoted to service and excellence in the real estate profession.
Linda is currently an approved contractor for the Commonwealth of Virginia (WS 699250), to sell surplus property, and serves on the Auctioneer’s Board as its first female gubernatorial appointee. From 1991-1994, Linda was an approved contractor for the RTC, the governmental agency entrusted with liquidating assets of savings & loans nationwide. Linda’s team sold and appraised millions of dollars in bank assets. Linda is qualified to serve as an expert witness on real estate matters and is designated as a subject matter expert by the Virginia Auctioneer’s Board (2016 Exam Review).
• Gubernatorial Appointee, Auctioneer’s Board, Commonwealth of Virginia 2014-2024
• Director, Virginia Association of Realtors 2014-2016
• President, Richmond Association of Realtors 2013 (boasting over 6,000 members, RAR is the largest trade association in Virginia)
• Contractor, Commonwealth of VA Woman-Owned Small Business (WS 699250)
• Auctioneer of the Year, 2009 - State of Virginia (first woman so honored)
• Achieved three amendments to Virginia statutes in favor of auction sellers
• Former Governor, Commercial Information Exchange
• Past President, Richmond Apartment Owners Association
• Past Vice President, Women’s Council of Realtors
• Graduate of Leadership Institute, Inaugural Class, Richmond Association of Realtors 2010
• Member, Certified Residential Specialists
• Certified Instructor- National and State Auctioneers and Realtors Associations, Tranzon LLC
• Designated Accredited Auctioneer, Real Estate/Graduate Realtors and Auctioneers Institutes
• Judicial Certified Expert Witness
• Virginia Notary Public #218667
• “Rookie of the Year” Virginia Auctioneers Association and voted “Most Likely to Succeed” by Mendenhall Auction School Class
Her clients’ own words:
“I want to thank you for your efforts in this transaction. There is no doubt in my mind that the sale of the property by auction with you and your company generated the highest possible price and resulted in a quick settlement.” - Richmond Attorney
“Richard and I are so pleased with the results of our auction. It could not have gone more perfectly! Reaching a number greater than our asking price over the past year with a conventional real estate firm tell me that we got market value or better.” - Nags Head Seller
“Thanks for all your hard work. We appreciate your time and effort to bring about a respectable sale of Royall Oaks.” - Heir, Goochland Estate Property
“You were outstanding to work with! Thanks for your professionalism and your ability to keep all of the balls happily in the air without letting any of them drop”.
- Long & Foster Agent
“Just a note of thanks for assisting me in the sale of my marina...you were GREAT! I really felt I got a lot for the money... the communication and follow-up from you and the staff were far above what I expected. It was so nice to see real pros at work.” - Outer Banks Marina Owner
”I admire your professionalism and cool head under challenging circumstances.” - Southside VA Heir
See Linda’s current auctions at www.tranzon.com